Welcome to Tales from Lewis Lodge. In one sentence it’s best described as ‘what just fell out of my head’ and that could be anything. This is the second incarnation of this blog, the first eight years have been archived and parked on a server for future generations. Lucky them! 😛
I live in Bedfordshire, in a part of it once referred to in the press as ‘Middle Narnia.’ I liked the phrase so much I nabbed it. I live here as the self-styled Queen, among the fauns, talking badgers and eating Turkish Delight. 😉
By day I work as a church administrator, by night I write and work towards putting on the Ampthill Literary Festival. When I’m not doing that I’m usually found in the Albion.
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
Here and there were clearings cultivated with vegetables and fruits.
From The Flame Tree by Yang-May Ooi (2014 Monsoon Books)
- Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
- Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Writing a blog post
- What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Strictly Come Dancing, The Launch Show
- Without looking, guess what time it is
- Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
Quarter to ten
- With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
My daughter singing
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Going to church
- Did you dream last night?
- Do you remember your dreams?
- When did you last laugh?
- Do you remember why / at what?
At the people on TV
- What is on the walls of the room you are in?
- Seen anything weird lately?
Yes, some amazing praise for my book
- What do you think of this quiz?
It’s a bit boring
- What is the last film you saw?
A New York Winter’s Tale (2014)
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
The Daily Mail and close it down
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
When I was eight I wanted to be Suzi Quatro.
- If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
- Do you like to dance?
Yes, but I’m truly dreadful at it.
- Would you ever consider living abroad?
For a while. I couldn’t live overseas forever, I’m too British.
- Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
A China Jewellers
- Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
I did. I was trying to find my phone so I called it.
- What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Probably a Windows update.
- Last time you swam in a pool?
I can’t actually remember, but I think it might have been my Brother-in-law’s about 2 years ago
- Type of music you like most?
- Type of music you dislike most?
Anything that’s just a bunch of pretty boys singing
- Are you listening to music right now?
- What color is your bedroom carpet?
I don’t have carpet in my bedroom I have a wood floor.
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Put the back garden down to gravel, flags and pots.
- What was the last thing you bought?
A new dinner service
- Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Once, when I was about 11
- Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
No. I have proper vertigo. I don’t need more excuses to hurl myself off or out of things.
- Do you have a garden?
Yes, although I don’t have time to do much in the way of gardening
- Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
I know the words to the first verse. Should I ever be presented with a gold medal at the Olympics (highly unlikely), I will not disgrace myself.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
It varies. Plotline, food or worrying about something
- If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Just one? Jesus. It’ll be tuna sandwiches, obvs.
- Who sent the last text message you received?
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I don’t have a credit card.
- What time is bed time?
- Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
- How many tattoos do you have?
- If you don’t have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
Went to Yo Sushi
- Do you carry a donor card?
No, but you’re welcome to any of it – if it still works
- Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My husband and daughter
- Is the glass half empty or half full?
- What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
- When’s the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
- Have you ever won a trophy?
- Are you a good cook?
I can follow a recipe, but I don’t make things up
- Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Baby, I can find you a bloody oilfield, I have a degree in Geology
- If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
Jesus – I’d still have a lot of questions after lunch
- Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
Yes, I’m British.
- Do you touch-type?
- What’s under your bed?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
No, but I believe in lust.
- Think fast, what do you like right now?
Good reviews for my writing
- Where were you on Valentine’s day?
At work, it was a Friday
- What time do you get up?
- What was the name of your first pet?
- Who is the second to last person to call you?
- Is there anything going on this weekend?
Not at the moment. The diary’s blank
- How are you feeling right now?
A bit tired
- What do you think about the most?
Nothing that I care to mention here
- What time do you get up in the morning?
See Question 61
- If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
I don’t think I’d ever tell people.
- Who would you tell first?
My husband. I’d need to explain why £x had appeared in our bank account.
- What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?
- Do you sing in the shower?
No, but I plot books
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I refer you to question 40
- What do you do most when you are bored?
- What do you do for a living?
I’m a church administrator
- Do you love your job?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
A paid writer
- Which came first the chicken or the egg?
- How many keys on your key ring?
- Where would you retire to?
- What kind of car do you drive?
- What are your best physical features?
My epic 75cm long surgery scar
- What are your best characteristics?
Loyalty, reliability, the witty retort
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
Back to the Pacific Northwest. I have unfinished business with a volcano
- What kind of books do you like to read?
Fiction. Any genre
- Where would you want to retire to?
I refer you to question 80
- What is your favorite time of the day?
Early morning between 5.00 and 8.00am
- Where did you grow up?
Adlington, Lancashire and Mirfield, West Yorkshire
- How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
- What are you reading now?
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
- Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
- Do you have pets?
Yes, two cats
- How many rings before you answer the phone?
Depends which phone. Usually 4 for the home one
- What is your best childhood memory?
Falling in wet concrete
- What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Waitress, Bar work, Administrator, Teacher,
- Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
I’ve written a book.
- What is most important in life?
To love someone
- What Inspires You?
Music, books, the landscape, people.
Thank you for reading x