I have just deleted my blog post. I wrote 700 very worthy words about new year, fresh starts and all that jazz. I went down to dinner, came back again and deleted the whole lot. Bollocks to that. In fact, bollocks to a lot of things.
15 things I know for a fact will happen this year – because I’m 44 and have been around the block a bit.
1) I will say some very inappropriate things. It happens without fail. I open my mouth and crap comes out. That’s why I stick to writing. I write crap too, but at least I get the chance to edit it.
2) I will drink too much. I like alcohol, so sue me. I will go to the pub. A lot. Get over it.
3) I will eat too much food that is considered bad for you and not enough food that is considered good for you. My relationship with it will continue to be dysfunctional. I will hide it the best I can.
4) I will post too much on social media. You know where the unfollow / unfriend button is.
5) I will feel upset if anyone does unfriend me on Facebook. You are my tribe, I love you.
6) I will write. A lot. Some of it maybe very bad. Some of it maybe very good. But in every word know this: It has come from my heart.
7) I will do my best. It will fall a long way short of the mark, but I shall give everything my best shot.
8) If you need me I will be there for you. Promise.
9) I will cry. Sometimes I will cry over you.
10) I will dance when no one is watching. Because I’m crap at it.
11) I will have insomnia. A lot. It’s an old friend.
12) I will have a wildly inappropriate relationship with somebody – in my head. They will never know it, but it will be there.
13) I will try and fail at being a Christian. Mainly because of every single one of the points above. But I still think loving each other, sharing what you have and not believing the rubbish the world tells you is a good philosophy to live by.
14) I will piss someone off. Someone will tell me how much they hate me. Always happens.
15) I will be myself. I cannot be anyone else.